New owner of a UD-3900H, using it to connect my Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 to keyboard, mouse, speaker and more importantly a monitor.
Initially working fine, I now experience intermittent screen disconnection.
Forcing the screen to resacn the input usually solve the problem for “some time”.
I tried both DVI-DVI and DVI-VGA connection and got same issue.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
tel: +65 6292 0048
fax: +65 6292 5168
hp: +65 9117 7682
Hello Alexis, thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear of this behavior and thank you for the description of what you are seeing.
We’ll want to reinstall the DisplayLink software and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=64
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.5 M2 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.5+M2.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will go from there.
Thanks for reaching out to me.
After posting on your blog, I downloaded and installed your PlugDebug exe just in case it would help collecting info.
Not sure if it’s a side effect or just coincidence but since I have PlugDebug launched, I have had zero screen disconnection and it’s now more than 24h vs disconnection every 30mns in average before
Remind me, as an embedded software engineer myself, when bugs disappeared right when trying to instrument them, like cockroaches hiding below the sink when you take the insecticide can haha…
Will continue with and without PlugDebug launched and see if I can reach some conclusions.
Hi Alexis, thanks for the update and very strange. Curious to hear if the disconnections eventually happen and examining the logs if they do.
Worst case we can always try a replacement dock to make sure the hardware is working properly and we can contact your email address used to register on our forums to facilitate this process directly.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.