I’m running a Thinkpat P50 with Windows 7 Pro connected to 2 Asus monitors via the Plugable USB 3.0 docking station. Things have worked great for about 2 weeks, but today I began getting an intermittent issues. Out of nowhere, the setup loses and attempts to recognize the 2 monitors, flashing back and forth between only the laptop screen and the monitors until if resolves itself or goes to only the laptop. Rebooting the system corrects it, but only for a while.
Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station.
Thank you for the great detail you provided about the symptoms, that helps a lot. Given your description our first step is to perform a ‘clean’ install of the latest DisplayLink driver to ensure it is in a good state and not contributing to the behavior, while at the same time resetting the unit. If you would, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all ‘DisplayLink’ software that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.0 M3 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.
Please let us know if that helps get things working properly again!
Thanks for the prompt and detailed response! Ran through your steps with no issues this morning. So far the issues seems to be resolved but I’ll reply back here if it happens again.