Intermittent drop of video

Have noticed random video drops. Has occurred since purchase of dock over the last year. In the past, second monitor would go black, display video on the laptop, then “reset” itself and display video on selected second monitor only.
In the last couple months, while displaying to second monitor only. Monitor will display “snow” for a second or two, then go black and into powersave mode. The laptop will continue to show a black screen.

Unplugging the dock from the USB-C port and plugging back in resets video to second monitor.

System detail:
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15t-eb000 CTO
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|Pen and touch support with 10 touch points|

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎9/‎11/‎2020
OS build 19043.1165

NVIDIA Graphics Driver v462.80

Hello Bill,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

It looks like we’ve worked together in the past when you were having issues getting the second display going prior to us rolling back to an older NVIDIA driver on this system. Sorry that you’re now running into some new problems.

For how to proceed, I think it will be best for us to get some new diagnostics gathered from your computer so that I may see the most current state of the system:

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostic results zip file, please mention ticket 351645 in the subject line. I’ll reply via email confirming we’ve received it and I will then follow up with any suggestions to help with this dropping out issue.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies