Intermittent audio problem

I’ve just purchased my first Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station so I can connect dual monitors to my Lenovo 550 Ideapad. For audio I’ve connected a Xenta PC soundbar (model: 751119/E120BBY).

My operating system is windows 10 and the docking station is selected as my default speaker.

Everything works fine other than the soundbar. However when I play videos especially on YouTube the audio play back is frustratingly intermittent with an initial 2-3 sec delay then gaps in sound throughout various points of the playback. The video stream itself is fine and continues to play smoothly it’s just the audio that I’m losing.

As far as I’m aware I’ve connected the soundbar correctly with the USB power lead plugged into one of the 4 USB2 ports at the rear of the docking station and the aux audio jack plugged into the headphone socket at the front.

Can anyone suggest a solution.

BR Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your new UD-3900 docking station and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you have provided that is much appreciated.

Given your description of the behavior, is it possible for you to completely disconnect the Xenta soundbar from the docking station (both the audio connection to the front of the dock and the speaker’s USB power connection to the back of the dock), and temporarily connect a pair of standard headphones to the dock’s headphone port to see if the audio behavior changes?

Apologies in advance if the request appears in any way redundant, however testing in the manner described above will help isolate the behavior further.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.