Installation Help on Vista

Hello:

I am not having any luck with this install. I have a Dell Vostro 200 slim tower, intel core duo, running Windows Vista Basic. I followed directions to the letter. 1st of all my CD-rom is in a vertical position on this tower so when I insert the small installation disc held it against the tray and closed it it fell off after it closed and disappeared inside my machine somewhere. Then I went to the website and downloaded the software. I never saw a lic. agreement as shown in the book but nontheless it appeared to install and I plugged in the device as stated in step 4 on page 9. I saw the bubble that the device was installing…never saw steps 5 and 6. Now I was ready to set up monitor. I couldnt find the program anywhere. I flipped to page 14 and tried to locate on task bar, nothing. Start menu, desktop, nothing. Oh yeah rebooted too. Only found the .exe file tried that and said it was already updated. So I located it in the uninstall list and did just that. Rebooted then went back to the .exe file and started over. This time saw the lic. agreement, accepted and installed the same as before. Still nothing like the 1st time…oh yeah and the monitor is powered on too “no signal”. I did see a green light flashing on the olug in at some point off and on ( a fast flicker).

I am ready to return this item if there is no easy solution. Thanks in advance.

Hi Brandon!

Thanks for posting and sorry you’ve been having trouble with installing the drivers!

Unfortunately, Windows Vista Basic edition doesn’t have support for multiple monitors.

You can look at the differences between Vista Basic and the other editions on this Microsoft web site.

You can return the product for a refund within 30 days from purchasing it through Amazon - the returns page is here.

Again sorry you had this disappointing experience!

Regards,

Thanks…I am considering “upgrading” my system to XP Pro…will I have any problems?

Hi Brandon,

No problem with Windows XP Professional! However Windows XP 64 bit is not supported.

If you’d like to check ahead the driver compatibility of the DisplayLink driver you can have a look at their official Knowledge Base page here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=160

Hope this helps!
Please let us know if you have any more questions we can help with!

Regards,
Lampros