in-box defective cable

In-box defective USB cable -
Hello, I purchased a UGA-2K-A USB-DVI adapter via Amazon. Having already been an owner of a displaylink product, I was excited to introduce the UGA-2K on a laptop that I wanted to use a new 1920x1080 monitor with. The product arrived, I installed the new drivers and then connected the adapter. The system, a WinXP SP3 OS started to detect the UGA-2K, but ultimately failed with a USB device error message. Not to be daunted, I disconnected the adapter, uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, downloaded the drivers from the web site, installed, rebooted (for good measure) and attached the adapter again. Same result. Not to be daunted again, I tried this on a second laptop. Same results. After putting a few of hours into trying to get the adapter to work, I was getting ready to send the adapter back and I decided to use my current displaylink USB cable. And, it worked.I was NOT expecting to have a defective USB cable. I am hoping that it is only the USB cable and not the connection on the adapter. Anyway, could you please send a new cable? Thanks

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for your reply.
Could you please send an email so I may pass my mailing address to you for a USB cable replacement?

Thank you,

Robert

Hi Robert,

You can always reach us at sales@plugable.com. Your replacement HW was mailed out Friday … let us know that you received it alright.

Best wishes,
Bernie

Hi Robert - I’m surprised too on the USB cable, but very glad you isolated it down. We have a lot of these cables from the same manufacturer, and have not seen this before, but we’ll certainly be on the lookout for a pattern.

We’ll get a replacement cable in the mail to you right away!