IDE Adaptor for use with your USB 3.0 Docking station?

I want to get your USB 3.0 Dock station and your PCI Expess to USB 3.0 2-port expansion card but I also need to access IDE drives. Can you tell me if the Startech IDE to SATA adapter Model SAT2IDEADP will fit in your Dock? The dimensions are 1.02 inch in height by 3.98 inches in width by 3.08 inches in length. I assume it will work if it fits, correct? Or if you can suggest a different adapter, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Bill,

I haven’t tried that kind of IDE->SATA conversion, so can’t guarantee results. But looking at the details of the device (http://us.startech.com/product/SAT2ID…) I’m suspecting it will work fine. If you do go ahead, we would love to have a post here to say how things went for you.

Just in terms of physical size, if it’s the size of a 3.5" SATA drive or less, it will definitely fit.

The bay of our USB 3.0 SATA dock has the sata connector on the bottom, and then the width and height of the bay are 2.25 x 5.25". There’s no limit on the top side, since the drive sits in the bay. (see pics on http://plugable.com/products/usb3-sat…)

Hope that helps!

Bernie

Hey Bernie - I just bought your USB 3.0 Dock station and your PCI Expess to USB 3.0 2-port expansion card and, although it installed OK the first day, the next day I got a message saying that the USB 3.o would transfer faster if connected to a superspeed port, which it already was connected to. So I tried updated the firmware to your latest (2447) and I’ll let you know if I have any further problems.

I also ordered the IDE converter that I originally asked you about but it’s a new product and won’t ship until the end of the month.

Once I receive and test it, I will let you know how it worked.

Thank you for your support - it’s all-too-rare nowadays - but I’d like you to know that it’s the main reason I purchased your products!

Thanks so much for the kind words! Just let us know if you have any trouble at all!

Bernie

Just an FYI: I finally received the Startech IDE to SATA adapter Model SAT2IDEADP and tested it out with your USB 3.0 Dock station and your PCI Expess to USB 3.0 2-port expansion card, and it works great! The only caveat is that you must set your IDE drive jumper as Cable Select for the SATA interface to recognize it. Cool!

Thanks for this update and info Bill!