I thought it would all be so easy....

I installed the software for the Bluetooth 4.0 LE USB adapter but my PC can’t discover any devices. I am running Vista and when I try to connect / search for BT the icon in the toolbar pops up a message " A blue tooth device is requesting to connect to your computer. To allow this connection click this message" but nothing apears in the Windows pair with a wireless device window. Both drivers are installed and appear OK. What do I need to do? !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/895744/BT_inline.jpg?1367650271)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/895744/BT.jpg?1367650271)

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for contacting us about the trouble you are having with the adapter. I can understand your frustration. It’s supposed to be easy, but sometimes all the different combinations of software and devices create some barriers that have to be crossed in order to get it working.

Could you answer a few questions for me?

What make and model of device are you trying to connect?

When you say you have installed both drivers, do you mean the driver from the CD that came with the adapter and the driver for the device you are trying to connect?

Have you ever installed another bluetooth adapter on this computer?

Thanks,

David
Plugable support

Hi David
I’ve tried to connect a few devices, Bose speakers, samsung MP3 and an HTC phone none successfully.
The drivers I installed are a Broadcom BCM 20702 and a Microsoft Bluetoth enumerator - this was from the installation disk
I’ve never had BT on this laptop which is why I bought the USB plugin.
Hope you have some suggestions…

Thanks
Fiona

Still can’t connect… any ideas what I can do?

HI Fiona,

Thanks for getting back with us on this. I’m sorry for the delay in my answer.

I’ve been doing some research on this and it seems like other people are having a similar problem in Vista.

Could you check a few things for me?

Please run Windows Update and accept any important updates and any optional updates that have anything to do with Bluetooth. The easiest way to do this to type Windows Update in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu, then press Enter.

Are you using Antivirus software? If so, what type (Norton, McAfee, Microsoft Essentials, etc.)

Also, we are trying out some new troubleshooting software that might help.

Please plug in your bluetooth adapter and try to connect again to your speakers. Then go to http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug and click the Link that says “Download PlugDebug here.” Run the software. If it asks you to allow it to make changes to the computer, please click Yes. Enter the ticket number 30662, then click “Gather logs.” It will leave a file on your desktop named "30662.tar.bz2. Please send an email to support.com with “PlugDebug file for 30662” in the subject line and attach that file. It will contain several important logs that will help me understand what is going on with your bluetooth.

Thanks for being patient and working with us on this.

Best regards,
David