I purchased a USB3-VGA Displaylink adapter. It does not work over USB2.0.

According to the device documentation the Plugable usb3.0-VGA Display Adapter should work when using a USB2.0 interface but it does not. The software installs and apparetly the drivers are installed but there is no video on the output display. I have tried with two different monitors. I am working under Windows 7. There is a second monitor shown in Display Properties, and have tried to select extended monitor and other options without any success. There is no video output on the monitor connected to the USB adapter. The device is detected as Plugable USB3-VGA.
My email: ipcores@live.com

Hi Luis,

Thanks for posting your question here!. It would be very helpful if you could capture and send us the DisplayLink log file, it gives us detailed information on how your system is setup and helps us narrow down the problem. Step by step instructions on how to collect this log file can be found here:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

You can send the zip file to support@plugable.com, please also include a link to this thread. We’ll take a look and determine next steps!

Thanks,
Ellen

Hi. The problem is that this tool gathers *too much* information from my system!
I have tried on a second PC with same result, no video output.

I think I am going to return this device to Amazon. This is definitely not what I expected.
Thanks anyway for your support.

Hi Luis,

Sorry to hear the adapter didn’t work out for you! The log file gathers important information about the system components and installed programs that may affect the state of the DisplayLink driver and how graphic is rendered on the system. We use it for internal troubleshooting purposes only. But I completely understand if you’re not comfortable with sending us your system info.

If you’re seeing problems with the adapter via USB 2.0, likely those same issues aren’t unique to USB 2.0 and would apply over a USB 3.0 port as well. In most cases we’re able to look at the log files and offer troubleshooting steps that can solve the problem.

If you ever decide to give the adapter another shot, just let us know and we’d be glad to help troubleshoot!

Thanks,
Ellen