I have a UD-6950PDZ but network port is not working properly

Support,

I have recently purchased a plugable UD-6950PDZ. Everything works great except the network port. The network port is not working properly. I take network cable and plug it into my Dell Latitude laptop and it works correctly. However, if I plug it into the docking station network port it appears to get a DHCP ip address (with wifi disabled), different from the laptop, but things do no work correctly. I can not get to the internet. In devices the plugable network device appears ok - no warnings. It says I have the correct driver, DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM. If I check the network adapter config it says the manufacturer is DisplayLink with driver version 9.3.3309.0. Any advice on how to get the network adapter to work properly on the plugable network dock? Thanks

Hi Erik​,

I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description, the DisplayLink 9.3.3309 driver is out of date, and our first step is to reset the dock and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the latest DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here → https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+10.1.2860.exe and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it → https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 10.2 M0 DisplayLink software, found here → https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows10.2+M0-EXE.exe
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.

Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Pat,

Thanks for all that. Unfortunately, even after doing all the steps I am still having issues reaching the internet via plugable. I did do pings to 8.8.8.8 and it is inconsistently successful (ie. 3 out of 10 pings). I even rebooted the router hoping the problem was switching the cable between plugable and my built–in. What next steps would you like to try? Thanks!

Erik

Hi Erik,

Thank you for going through the DisplayLink software update, based on the continued negative results I would like to start the warranty replacement process for this docking station. Our lab will pretest the replacement to ensure the network controller is working as expected before shipping to your preferred address.

To protect your privacy I recommend contacting our support team directly via email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line “Ticket #371849 - Attention Pat” to ensure we can match your email to this post and to ensure the email is sent to myself as quickly as possible.

In the body of the email please let us know the following:

1. The Amazon Order ID ( available from amazon.com/orders ) for the original purchase of the UD-6950PDZ ( in the form of “###-######-#######” )
  2. The serial number from the bottom of the docking station in the form of “####A#####”
  3. Your preferred shipping address for receiving the replacement UD-6950PDZ, for addresses outside of the United States please include a phone number we can provide the shipper in case they need to contact you to arrange delivery.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

We have noticed this issue on 3 of these docks so far (recently ordered 200!). We ran through all the usual troubleshooting steps along with those listed here with no luck. I sent an email to support but also wanted to mention it on here for others to see. Hopefully you have a solution soon because we can’t possibly test and RMA all 200 docks!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us directly via email, to help keep everything related to this support request consolidated and prevent confusion I will lock this thread and we can continue via direct email.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com