I cannot get the second monitor to work

I have a Lenovo ThinkVision monitor that will not detect the signal nor does the computer see it. I looked in the FAQ and saw a similar issue with Lenovo monitor. I followed the directions, ran the cleaner and reinstalled the sofware from the link in the email. It still does not connect. I switched the connections with the other HP monitor and that works fine with the dock on the 2nd port.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this problem and we’re happy to help. First, since it sounds like the HP monitor works correctly I’d like to verify what types of cables you’re using to connect your Lenovo monitor or if you’re using any adapters to connect the monitor. Some adapters may not work so I’d like to verify how the monitor is connected first to check for any issues

Can you please let us know how the monitor is connected and what the model number of the ThinkVision monitor is so we can check those details?

I look forward to hearing back and helping with this issue.
Thanks!
-Andrew

Andrew,

The monitor is a ThinkVision LT1952pwd. This is a link to the Lenovo website for it. ThinkVision LT1952p 19-inch Wide LCD Monitor - Overview - US . I used a conversion connector from Benfie. This is a link to the connector on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I plugged this monitor and cord setup directly into my laptop and it did not work, so there is something wrong with this setup. I have no issue replacing either the cable or the monitor. Please offer your recommendations.

Best regards,

Joe Kerick

Hi Joe,

Thanks for providing all those details on your setup. I see that the monitor only has VGA and DisplayPort inputs, however the DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is a one-way only device that will only work if the DisplayPort end is connected to your computer or docking station. This adapter won’t work with the DisplayPort end plugged into the monitor.

Instead, if you’re using the UD-6950H dock I would recommend using a DisplayPort cable to connect between one of the DisplayPort outputs on the dock and the DisplayPort input on the monitor.

Please let us know if you are able to use a DisplayPort cable to connect between the dock and the monitor and whether that setup works or not. And please let us know if you have any questions, we’re always happy to help.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.