Hub does not wake up drives after reboot/sleep

I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE Windows 7. I’ve added the Plugable USB 3.0 I/O Card and a Plugable USB 3.0 7-Port Hub connected to USB 3.0 I/O card. I installed the latest driver from your website.

I have several external USB 3.0 drives connected to the hub and one drive connected directly to the USB 3.0 I/O card.

Everything worked fine when I connected the drives to the hub and I/O card. When I shutdown or put the computer to sleep, all the drives power down correctly.

The problem is that when restart or awake the computer, only the drive connected directly to the Plugable USB 3.0 I/O card awakes. The drives connected to the hub do not automatically wake-up. However, if i unplug and replug one of the usb cables between the hub and a drive, then immediately all drives on the hub will wake up.

What’s wrong? Is this a configuration issue or hub issue?

I have hub USB3-HUB7-81X, connected to I/O card PCIE-USB3-SP

Hi Larry,

Thanks for posting, we’ll be happy to help. To get started troubleshooting can you give me a bit more detail about your hard drives? Specifically I’m wondering what make and model they are as some require a management application from the vendor to be able to receive sleep and wake events through a USB 3.0 hub.

We’ve tested the hubs with many different drives and a number of different enclosures, and most work quite well as long as the drives and the hub have current firmware.

Here’s a link to blog post that provides details about finding out which firmware version your hub is on and how to update it if necessary. Take a look at it and let me know what you find along with the make and model of your drives.

http://plugable.com/2013/01/29/via-us…

Also, please send your Amazon order id to us at support@plugable.com.

Once we know a little more detail like the firmware version of your hub and the make and model of your drives we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome

Plugable Technologies