Hub does not recognize all external hard drives when connected

I have four external hard drives and tried to connect them to the USB 2.0 10-Port hub but the hub only recognized one of them while my laptop does not have any problem recognizing each of them. Besides, the hub takes a long time before identifying the hard drives. Is this normal? Should I return the product? Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you with this issue.

Are your hard drives self powered (need their own power adapter) or bus powered (powered only from the USB port)?

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Hello,

Some of them are self powered and others are bus powered but the one which is not recognized is self powered while the hub does recognize my other self powered hard drives (what is more from the same manufacturer: WD).
And I do have another question. the transfer speed is much lower when the hard drives are connected to the hub: It fells from 13 MB/s to 800 KB/S. Is that normal??
Many thanks for your help!

Hello,

We’re going to contact you directly over email to collect some diagnostic information. I’ll close this thread here so please reply back to our email.