Hub always "on" mode. Is it possible?

Hello. I use my hub for music, and i power my whole system through external switches. By default, when i give power to the HUB itself, i still have to press the rear button in order to power it up. this is really annoying cause i would like to position it in a barealy reachable position behind the computer. Is there any key combination that would allow this?

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

Due to specific regulations in a majority of countries outside of the U.S, our hubs always include a hardware switch to power the device on and off, when the hub experiences a loss of power. This is included for energy saving reasons, and for ensuring that a power surge cannot effect any of the connected devices. There is no manual or hardware related way to automate the hub to always on, as this would then violate some regulation protocols the hub follows.

I am sorry if this adds any additional inconvenience, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support