HTC Vive Pro Compatibility

Hi, I’m trying to connect the HTC Vive Pro but the install program on detection says I need to plug in directly to the dedicated video card. I have a laptop with an Nvidia GTX 1060, two USB 3.0 slots and an HDMI slot. But the HTC Vive Pro requires a Display Port 1.2+ to connect. I’m not sure if there is a work around but would love to find out if anyone else has tried this or found a solution.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be more than happy to assist.

This is most likely due to the fact that our adapter utilizes DisplayLink drivers, which are Virtualized Graphics Drivers. The DisplayLink drivers use resources from the CPU and GPU in order to output to an external display via USB 3.0. This is normally not the type of device you would want to utilize for VR equipment or gaming related content, as it does not directly communicate with Discrete graphics cards, and instead will use integrated graphics cards, or whichever graphics card the system initiates Post-Boot first (which is normally the Intel Integrated GPU).

For VR systems, you should be connecting the DisplayPort cable directly to a DisplayPort port on the system, if it specifically has one.

I am sorry that you have run into this snag, but if you could reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, we can work on providing a full refund for the product.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.