HP Spectre 360 Convertible No Ethernet Available

The connections for video display and USB ports works great. However, Windows 10 does not see a new Ethernet adapter so I have no option to use it. Is there a way to force Windows 10 to see the adapter and or install a driver?

NOTE: when I go to Device Manager and scan for new devices it does not find any Realtek network adapters

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Plugable forums!

Strange to hear about this Ethernet issue through your UD-CAM dock. The first steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals as well as the Ethernet cable connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and the Ethernet cable and test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

No change. I still cannot use the Ethernet port. It does not appear anywhere in Windows 10 -> no network adapter and also no network device.

Hi Mike,

At this point, I’d like to request some logs from your system in order to best investigate further. Could you please keep the UD-CAM connected to your system (with the Ethernet cable still connected to the dock), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #283812

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.