HP Pavilion 21 Desktop Compatibility

I have recently purchased the HP Pavilion 21 desk top touch screen computer running Windows 8.1 and did not notice at the time that there were no HDMI ports. I need to connect my second monitor which I use extensively for my home engraving based business. I am considering buying the Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station and want to know if is the fix I am looking for. As I am not sure I will ever find this thread again so could you also send the reply to my email trails@epix.net. Thanks so much for all your help.

Hi there,

Thank you for posting the question at Plugable Get Satisfaction. I’d be happy to assist.

Yes, UD-3900 had two graphics ports (one DVI and one HDMI) so that you can connect up to 2 external monitors to your system. It also has total 6 USB ports, the Gigabit Ethernet port and audio input/output.
http://plugable.com/products/ud-3900

If you only wanted to connect a HDMI monitor, the UD-3900 would be too much, though. Plugable also has a different types of USB graphics adapters that supports HDMI:

-Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter
http://plugable.com/products/usb3-hdm…

If you want to use audio over the HDMI monitor, please choose the USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter. UGA-3000 doesn’t support audio when connecting through HDMI.

Hope this helps! Please let us know at support@plugable.com if you needed any additional information.

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugble Support

i bought a HP pavilion all in one 27 inch…and i bought a USB to VGA adapter as mine had to HDMI outports either. I connected my secondary monitor to the \VGA adapter and nothing is still working?? is there something i am doing wrong??

Hi Jason,

Cold you please contact to our support team with your system setup information and the detail symptom so that we can work with you to resolve your issue?
The contact address is: support@plugable.com

When doing that, please also let us know the Amazon Order ID of Plugable USB graphics adapter. We’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support