Hp laptop internal speakers not working.

My Hp laptop internal speakers does not give sound when connected to Plugable Docking station even though the volume bar shows that the sound is there. When external speakers were connected to the docking station audio output, sound came. But wen the external speakers were removed, the internal speakers do not have any sound. Kindly solve my problem.I have a Hp pavillion dv6 with core i5 gen 2 and win 7.

Hi Rachana,

Thanks for posting! By default, Windows 7 makes a new USB audio device the default — even if it doesn’t have any speakers attached! So if speakers are plugged into the dock you will definitely hear the audio. When you do not have speakers plugged into the dock, we can get the audio to play through the Laptop speakers by making it the default playback device. Here is how to configure the settings on Windows 7-:

1. Click on Start>Control panel and select ‘Hardware and Sound’

2. Click on ‘Sound’. This will bring up the list of available audio devices, one of which should be your USB audio device. You should be seeing something like this-:

!](https://sslproxy.getsatisfaction.com/sslproxy/SWhAdDNLMG5zdGFuVGlWenar5LbrtG5uQdJhvnMZ-SujIWTcSz2OAdpzYOSIMvO58sXbuh96upLPYRVNeksVgioLg1tGp7ShriPRHFje784i5EEdQpKQU4ft464qpoTtQXNAWAtFv7e9z6hGorZLKQ==.png)](http://plugable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/win7-sound-control-panel-default.png)

1. This is the place where, if you’re not actually using your USB or docking station audio, you can select a different audio output (e.g. your laptop’s built-in audio) and click “Set Default” to make it the default for sound output. Windows will persist this setting.

Once you change the default audio output device to the laptop speakers, all sound will be coming through it instead of going to the Docking Station’s Audio ports.

If you need any additional information, just let us know.

Regards,
Roze

Thank you so much! My problem is solved :slight_smile: Plugable Docking Station is working perfectly great! Two Thumbs Up!