HP dv7 Laptop / WIndows 10 / ViewSonic 24" / UGA-165 No Display

Laptop already has a Samsung 24" monitor connected using VGA display port on laptop so have 2 displays up (laptop display + Samsung). Would like to add 2nd external ViewSonic 24" monitor so will have 3 displays up (laptop display + Samsung + ViewSonic). Connected uga-165 to USB and then to ViewSonic and do not see any display. Windows 10 recognizes 3rd display and recognizes uga-165 but no display on ViewSonic. Display properties shows 3rd display … 3rd display detected A-OK. Input on ViewSonic set to VGA port (using DVI to VGA adapter), also tried DVI directly and the same situation … no display. Checked port selection on ViewSonic each time and the correct port was selected.

Any suggestions …

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting!

It could be the case that your external display connected through your UGA-165 is being detected but it is showing up as being disabled.

Let’s investigate this by following these steps:

1. Close or minimize any open windows
  2. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings from the drop down menu
  3. Under Select and rearrange displays, select the display from the diagram that you are having issues with a single left-click on the icon. You can click “Identify” to help you understand which monitor corresponds to which number label
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and select Extend these displays from the drop down under Multiple displays

Please let me know if if this helps, or if you do not see these settings.

Mitchell

Thanks for the response Mitchell … I already did what you suggested prior to reaching out for help. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

At this point, I’d like to request some logs from your system in order to investigate further. We have diagnostic utility that helps us understand more about what could be going wrong in situations such as these. Could you please keep the Plugable UGA-165 adapter connected to your system (while connected to the ViewSonic display), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #276842

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.