How to use this adapter with Moto E5 Play Android phone

Hello,
I want to buy the USB2-OTGE100 adapter to use wired Ethernet with my Motorola Moto E5 Play phone. I have Android 8.0.0 on my phone. Motorola support said they don’t know if this adapter will work. Has anyone had any success with Plug and Play of this OTG adapter? I don’t know if Motorola has pre-installed any Ethernet driver with Android 8.0.0. Thanks for your help. The specification sheet on the Amazon Plugable product page says that at least one user has success on my type of phone with 8.0.0

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be glad to help with this. There aren’t any drivers to download as the ability to use wired ethernet must be built into the device by the manufacturer.

With respect, we can’t provide guarantees on compatibility even on devices that other customers reported compatibility on. This device was reported as compatible, so there’s a good chance it will work But, I don’t want to set you up with false expectations.

Amazon does have a 30 day return policy, so you could return the adapter if you purchased it and found that it didn’t work. I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us directly at: support@plugable.com with any further questions.

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.