How To: Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop extend to dual monitors?

How can I make my Lenovo Flex 5 laptop extend to two computer monitors? Would like to have my laptop connected to 2 computer monitors, but be able to have my laptop closed and pushed to the side to minimize work clutter.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to answer your questions!

Based on your description, our USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station UD-3900 ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900 ) may be a good fit. This docking station supports two external monitors up to 1080P ( 1920x1080 ) resolution, one connected to the HDMI output and one connected to the DVI output ( this can be converted to VGA with the supplied adapter or to HDMI with a separate adapter ). Additionally, this docking station has four USB 2.0 ports ideal for mouse and keyboard, two USB 3.0 ports, gigabit Ethernet, 3.5mm stereo headphone output, and 3.5mm microphone input. This docking station will not charge the notebook so the original power supply will be needed when using this docking station.

Windows can be set to ignore closing the lit as well as disabling the internal LCD screen when attached to the docking station. To prevent hibernation/sleep when closing the lid in Windows 10 please perform the following:

1. Right click on the start menu and select “Power Options” from the pop-up menu
  2. On the right side of the screen, select “Additional power settings” link
  3. On the left side, select the link “Choose what closing the lid does”
  4. From the matrix, select the drop down for “When I close the lid:” and “Plugged in” and select “Do nothing”

To set the internal screen to disabled you will need to have the docking station connected and external monitors enabled/working. Please perform the following:

1. Save and close all open documents
  2. Right click on the desktop and select “Display settings” from the drop down menu
  3. Use the identify button to determine which box in the diagram represents the display you wish to be primary, select this display with the left mouse button on the box
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the check-box “Make this my main display”
  5. Scroll back to the top and select the notebook internal screen
  6. Scroll back to the bottom and from the drop down menu under “Multiple displays” select the option to eliminate this display.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support