How to configure my Chromebook with Ethernet adapter USB3-E1000?

I am not able to find information on the web site about how to get my new USB 3-E1000 Ethernet adapter to connect using my Toshiba Chromebook 2. It says connecting on my Chromebook but never actually connects. I don’t know how to configure it. I am a novice and need step by step directions. Can anyone help me out?

Hi Taica,

Thank you for posting about using the USB3-E1000 on your Chromebook. I’m sorry it isn’t working for you.

All the necesssary drivers are already installed in the ChromeOS, so it is probably either something with the network, the connection to the network, or our adapter.

Could you please tell me what type of network you are connecting on? Is it a home, office, or institutional network (like a hospital or university)?

Also, how are you connecting? Is it directly to a modem or router, or through another means, like a port in the wall or elsewhere?

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Hi Taica,

I’m just checking back to see if you were able to get your Plugable USB serial adapter working with your Chromebook. If not, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support