How many adapter do I need for a laptop with two monitors

I have a HP dv7 7012 laptop and I can connect two monitors, one hdmi and one vga, without a docking station. My graphics card is limited to two screens, so I can choose the two monitors or my laptop’s screen and one monitor. Anyhow, do I need one adapters for a three screen system with two external monitors or two adapter? I’m a bit confused about the description for the Plugable UGA-2K-A and I know other companies only require an adapter per additional monitor, so laptops that allow dual screens do not need an adapter for the first monitor.

Hi Soda,

Thanks for posting your question here! You would need one unit of Plugable UGA-2K-A for connecting each external monitor in addition to the displays connected directly to the graphics card on the system.

In other words, you can continue to have two displays via the graphics card on your laptop and use a unit of Plugable UGA-2K-A to connect a third display. If you wanted four displays, you could continue to have two displays working via the graphics card and two additional displays connected via two units of Plugable UGA-2K-A.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze