How does this compare to VGA to TV?

I want to connect my non HDMI computer (dual core, 2 GHz) to my flat panel TV w/ HDMI.
Will I see better performance with this converter (Model: USB2-HDMI-165) vs. my current VGA connection?
Thanks

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting your question here! The short answer to this question is - No. If you are interested, the here is a brief background on why-:

The way TV or monitors with TV tuners(they work almost the same way as a TV) work is different from standard monitors.Most TVs are better equipped to render display from a Computer through the VGA ports. When you are connected by vga, the TV acts like a monitor and displays the resolution that you send to it.When you use HDMI, the TV thinks the signal is coming from a TV or a DVD player. Since the two work differently, the TV is unable at times to render the display properly.

Even if your TV is equipped to handle display from a computer through HDMI, when you are using USB Graphics, the bandwidth limitations of USB 2.0 also affect performance when playing motion video or 3D Graphics.

Given everything, we’d recommend sticking with VGA.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Thanks Rose.

MDR