How do you install the Driver for USB2-E100 on a Toshiba Thrive

I purchased the USB2-E100 Product. I have down loaded the driver. How do I install the driver? Where is the android executable file in the android driver for the USB2-E100 Ethernet product? I have a Toshiba thrive running Android 3.2 and this driver is supposed to work if I can actually install it. HELP!!!

Hi John,

Thanks for posting your question here! Android platforms can vary a lot, depending on what major version and what drivers the phone/device maker may have custom built into the kernel.

Unlike computers, on Tablets end users are not expected to install drivers. If the drivers have already been included by the manufacturer, only then would the device have support.

Currently Android 3.2 builds and higher from Google have support for our Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100.

So for Android builds 3.2 and higher, if the device manufacturer has left it in, the device would have support for our Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100. The end user does not have to do any installation.

You only need to plug in the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100, connect a live Ethernet cable and wait for a couple of minutes for auto-configuration of the network settings. The Link and Power LEDs on the device will light up and you will have connectivity.

When we initially tried out the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 on Toshiba Thrive it did not work. But after an automatic update to Android 3.2.1, Thrive detected the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 and we were able to connect through it.

Could you connect the Plugable USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter USB2-E100 and connect a live Ethernet cable to it and check if it is working?

Do post back and let us know if it did work or not. If it did not work,then please also double check and let us know the exact Android version currently on the Thrive.

Regards,
Roze

Will this device work with the Toshiba Thrive 7"?

Eric

Hi Ebecker,

Thanks for asking ahead!

Support for this adapter is built into the latest versions of Android, but note that the UI can be confusing. There is no driver to install (just plug in), but you must then set the Thrive to “airplane mode” (which will turn Wifi off). It will then say “no network” but if you open a browser you’ll see it working – and it will be working over the wired network connection with faster performance than wireless.

Please just email support@plugable.com if you have any trouble at all - we’ll be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Bernie