How do I use the microscope?

I installed DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.0 MO and also Digital_Viewer_3.1.07(1).exe.
When I run the Digital Viewer, I get a WebCam app. Where is the microscope???

Thanks for asking!

Digital Viewer is actually a webcam application, since the microscope contains a webcam chipset. If you’re only seeing your webcam through Digital Viewer, you may have to go to settings and change the device to the microscope.

To do this, just click the grey gear icon, and change the device under the “Device Setup” section to “USB2.0 Camera”.

Also, unless you have a DisplayLink device (one of our graphics adapters), there’s no need to install the DisplayLink software.

Let me know if that helps!

I have two choices for Device:

1. USB 2.0 Camera
  2. USB 2.0 HD UVC Webcam
    Strangely the second one works for the microscope. So that’s good, thanks.

Just can’t magnify it enough to see details that I want in a specific BW photo.

Seems blurry, when I try to zoom in. Any way to focus better when zooming in?
Thanks,
Ed Winchester

Always carry a microscope with both hands. Grasp the arm with one hand and place the other hand under the base for support.

A couple of good points from the FAQ section on the product page: plugable.com/usb2-micro-250x#faq

“The level of magnification is controlled by a combination of the distance to the object and the focus point set by the grey focus wheel. The closer the object, the higher the magnification possible. At the closest distance with the clear shield touching the object, there are two possible magnifications. The first is at around 50x, but if you continue to rotate the focus wheel, the image will get blurry, then sharp again at a much higher magnification.”

Please contact me at support@plugable.com if you have any other issues.