How do I get my mouse scrolling to work on external monitor

Mouse scrolling not working on connected external monitor. Pointer and left and right click work fine. Mouse scrolling works well on laptop, just not when using it on attached monitor. I have a Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop, Windows 10, AOC monitor, Logitech wireless mouse, all connected to Plugable 3.0 UD-3900 docking station

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting!

I haven’t encountered the behavior you describe before, curious if we can help get to the bottom of it. Our dock shouldn’t affect the ability of the mouse scrolling to work properly, so we’ll want to try and isolate the behavior. To that end, a few quick questions…

1. Is the behavior limited to just one application or does it happen using any application on the docking station attached screen?
  2. If you connect the wireless receiver directly to your system (as opposed to the dock) does the behavior change?
  3. Is the wireless receiver for the mouse in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock? If it isn’t and you move it there, does the behavior change?
  4. If you use a different mouse (not the Logitech, and ideally a a wired unit) connected to the dock does the behavior change? If the same mouse is directly connected to the system does it behave differently?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I actually just figured out how to solve this problem - I just made the attached monitor my “Main display” in Display settings. The scrolling works fine now.
Hope this helps anyone else who may have this problem.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back with the update, and sharing your solution!

Bob