How can i daisy chain?

Hello, i own 2 monitors of samsung which support daisy chain. they have hdmi and dp inputs, and also dp output, and usb ports. screen model is SH850.
in my laptop, the ASUS Zenbook flip ux463fl i have the Nvidia GEFORCE MX250.
this laptop have only one hdmi port and one usb port, i would like to know what product should i buy in order for my laptop to support daisy chain for the montiors?
or, what will be the best way to extend my screens? usb adapter to one monitor or docking station? or maybe something else i did now think about?
i want to extend all of my screens,3 total. And maybe more screens in the future, so i am looking for a long term solution here.
thank you!

Hi there!

Thank you for contacting Plugable Support. I understand that you are looking for a docking station solution and would be happy to help.

I would like to repeat your setup here so I am clear as to what you have, and are looking for, in a docking station.

To clarify, you have an ASUS Zenbook ux463 and two external Samsung SH850 monitors that you would like to connect to your ASUS laptop, is this correct?

According to Samsung’s datasheet on your SH850 monitors, you can display resolutions up to 2560 x 1440 (QHD).

According to ASUS datasheet, your laptop has:

• 1x USB 2.0 Type-A
  • 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
  • 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C

You also mentioned, “And maybe more screens in the future”.

The one thing I am uncertain of is if you require power delivery to your laptop or not. This feature would enable you to power your laptop with a USB C cable from a docking station so you do not have to keep your laptop power adapter plugged into your laptop. I would have to research a little further to determine if your laptop supports this feature but would this be of interest if your laptop supports it?

Best regards,

Michael S.

Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thank you very much for your reply.
so yes, those are the monitors and i would like to have a long term solution, so if i want to buy lets say 2 more monitors in the future,i can either connect between the monitors or use another solution.
about the connections, i have the connections your wrote, just the USB 3.2 Type C is Gen 2, not Gen 1. it is written next to it, and next to the USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, SS10.
i also have an HDMI port.
i think that my USB Type C will not support charging, as i tried plug in my phone charger to check and it did not work, and i dont think it supports video transmission.
but i am open to any solution here…
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.