how can i adjust the horizontal and vertical screen size with the usb 3.0 2k hdmi adaptor

using this adapter to connect a viewsonic 27" monitor. when i expand widows to the full screen size they extend off the screen. the horizontal and vertical adjustments on the monitor itself are grayed out. I believe because its using an hdmi connection. So, how can i adjust the screen to fit the entire window when i expand it to full screen?

Hi Pat, thanks for posting and I will be happy to help! Thank you for the description of the issue you are seeing.

Just to clarify, would you be able to let us know the specific model of ViewSonic monitor that you are using? Also, would you be able to let us know the current resolution that is being set within Windows Display Settings? I am curious to see if the resolution that is being set it different than the optimal resolution of the monitor.

Please let us know this additional information whenever you have a moment and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response.

Here’s the information you requested:

Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED model VS13918
Resolution is set for 1920 x 1080 which is the recommended resolution.
I’m running Windows 7

Pat

Hi Pat, thanks for the reply. In doing some research on the monitor, others have seen overscan issues depending on the input setting that is applied within the monitor’s on-screen menu.

Would you be able to adjust the input setting within the monitor’s menu to choose ‘PC’ under the HDMI input that is being used (this is illustrated on PDF page 12, printed page 10 of the monitor’s manual here –> http://www.viewsonic.com/assets/105/2…)? Curious to see if this setting is already selected or if changing it helps.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Dave,

“AV” was selected. I changed it to “PC” and that fixed my problem. Now when i expand a window to full screen it fills my screen without going beyond the edges.

Thank You!

Pat

Hi Pat, Thanks for the update and glad to hear those steps helped!

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support