high sierra 10.13.3 microphone ud-ultcdl

When I boot or restart my mac with the display station attached, I can not use the microphone in safari. This started after the recent update to 10.13.3, high sierra. If I boot the mac first, then attach the display station, the microphone works fine.

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

I’ve been able to replicate the issue, but as to why this is happening I am unsure. However, I was able to replicate the issue by just connecting the dock after booting, and for me, no mic input works with Safari, built in or via the dock. Using a different browser such as Chrome worked OK in any configuration with the dock or the internal mic.

DisplayLink USB graphics adapters and docks with audio output are using the Apple provided USB audio drivers, so this may be a bug with 10.13.3 since that is when you noticed it (and my test system is also on this version).

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t have a recommendation other than to possibly use a different browser, or to be sure to remember to connect the dock after booting since that seems to work for you.

You may also want to mention this on the DisplayLink forums here: https://www.displaylink.org/forum/for…

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Please contact us at support@plugable.com if you need further assistance.