High pitched sound

I have had the docking station for about 16 months without any problems but recently it has started to make a high pitched sound that I cannot resolve. Interestingly it seems loudest when the laptop is turned off. I tried unplugging everything except for the power cord but the noise continued. Only when I disconnected the power cord did it stop. The noise is very annoying.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. Sorry to hear that your UD-3900 Docking Station is not working as expected and I would be happy to assist.

The behaviour you described is definitely not expected. When you have a moment, could you please collect a set of diagnostic logs generated by our PlugDebug utility? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help our support team understand what could be happening. To collect these logs, please have the device plugged into your computer, and please follow this link for instructions: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

The tool will collect system logs into a ZIP file and save them to your Desktop. Please do not post the zip file here . Please send it to support@plugable.com and reference ticket # 341496 in the title so we can match things up and help assist you from there.

In the email, could you also please let us know your Amazon order ID? Please do not post this information here.

Apologies again for the frustration and thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Kind regards,

Aga
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.