High pitch noise when USB HD connected

Hi there,
I have a Plugable 7in1 and it has been working fine.
I use it with a Mac Book Air M.
OS 11.2
Just recently it has started making a high pitch noise when I plug in a bus powered hard drive and the drive is not recognised in the OS.
Same HD worked previously to handle Time Machine Back Ups.
I have tried 2 drives now with the same result.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Any ideas?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue and would be happy to help assist.

Given your description of the behavior let’s go ahead and send you a new, pretested unit to see if we can resolve this issue.

When you have a moment could you please provide the following information?

1. Amazon order ID number or other proof of purchase
  2. Serial number off the bottom of the dock
  3. Best shipping address
  4. Best phone number

Once we have this information we will start your replacement process and send an email with tracking once the unit ships.

Best regards,

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi there,

Amazon Order No: 204-6460611-4725952
Order Date: 29/01/21
Serial No: 3015-A03484
Postal Address:
29 Manor Park Road
London
N2 0SN
UK
Tel: +44 (0)7971571529

It would be great if this could be shipped urgently. Many thanks.

Tristram

Hello Tristram,

I wanted to inform you that we went ahead and placed an order for your new USBC-7IN1. Your new unit is on its way to you and the expected estimated delivery date is Friday, 11 June 2021.

Please let us know when you receive it and update us once you have had a chance to try it out. In addition please don’t worry about returning the original unit, please recycle it in accordance with local electronics recycling regulations.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!

Michael S.
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.