High CPU on MacOS Catalina with UD-6950H

I’m getting performance draining HIGH CPU usage.
It seems to mostly happen when I’m on a video conference which I am hours a day.
The CPU drain is causing the effect of draining my system’s ability to maintain proper bandwidth for calls.
I have my dock connected through the DisplayPort.
I’m on a relatively new (prev Gen) Macbook Pro 13"

All the DisplayLink forums and everything else hasn’t been helpful. My drivers are up-to-date.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

The DisplayLink graphics software does utilize the CPU to compress the display image before transmitting to the docking station over USB. This shouldn’t take up massive amounts of CPU time.

I would like to get some additional details to help determine why the system may be under heavier than expected load. When you have a moment, please let me know the following:

1. What version of macOS is on this system ( from the Apple Menu select “About This mac” )?
  2. If running macOS Catalina, does the system currently have the DisplayLink Manager App, or the DisplayLink Driver version 5.2 installed?
  3. Is the high CPU use only occurring when in video conference calls?
    Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the Activity Monitor window while experiencing the high CPU use and attach it to this thread, or email it to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #313897 - Attention Pat’?

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies