My headphones no longer work from the Plugable USB 3.0 headphone jack. The headphones work fine from my laptop when the “Realtek HD audio” is turned on. But when I switch the speakers to “plugable audio” in my Sound/playback window (Windows 10) the headphones/speakers turn on but the sound is tinny and seems like it’s missing a track - for example the vocals in the songs sound like they are far back in a distant tunnel…
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry the sound is not working as expected.
Based on your description, one possibility is the Plugable Audio Devices default format may have been reduced, we can check this and reset to a higher quality to see if this helps.
To access the speaker properties, please perform the following:
- Right click on the sound icon and select “Sounds” from the popup menu
- Select the Playback tab from the top of the Sound window
- Left click once to select the Plugable Audio device then select the Properties button in the lower right of the window
- Select the Advanced tab
- Under Default Format select “24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)” from the drop down menu then select Apply in the lower right of the window
- If you are currently playing audio this may prompt a Device In Use message, select Yes to apply the settings
Please let me know if this helps, if not we can go from here.
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.