Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry to hear that things are not working as expected with your Plugable UD-3900 Docking Station and I’d be happy to help.
Could you please confirm if you have the latest version of the DisplayLink driver installed on your system?
Could you also please confirm that you have set the Recording Device correctly? Please follow the steps below with your mic connected to the dock:
- Check that your device is properly connected, and that any necessary drivers are installed
- It is also a good idea to make sure that your sound device is turned on, and that the device’s volume control is not at the absolute minimum setting
- Right-click on the speaker symbol in the Windows taskbar/system tray
Windows 7/8.x —Select Recording Devices . The Sound window will open with the Recording tab highlighted
Windows 10 —Select Open Sound Settings then click the link under ‘Related Settings’ for Sound Control Panel , then click the Recording tab
- Alternatively, after selecting Open Sound Settings , use the dropdowns under the Input header
- Find your device in the window
- A Plugable USB 3.0 docking station or sound-enabled display adapter will appear as Plugable Audio
- Right-click on the device you found in step 3 and select Set as Default Device . A check mark should appear next to your device, and sound should now play through it
- Click OK to exit the window
Please let me know if you run into any issues while following the instructions above.
Apologies again for the frustration and thank you for giving us a chance to help.