Recently purchased UD3900 Worked fine for a day or two. Then my HDMI connection no longer works. I changed cables - no difference. If I plug the second monitor direct to my laptop via hdmi to hdmi it works fine, if I use the HDMI port on the Plugable - doesn’t recognize.
Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.
The most likely cause of the display not being detected is a software compatibility issue, possibly a miss-matched driver from Windows update. Based on your description of the behavior, our first step is to get some additional information from your system to check for this type of problem, as well as to see how the computer is detecting the docking station.
If you would, please keep the dock connected and the HDMI display attached to the docking station’s HDMI output (even though it is not working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to our support team at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #320073 - Attention Pat’ as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.
This problem was resolved by removing and reinstalling the latest DisplayLink USB Graphics software using the DisplayLink clean installation utility.
- Disconnect the USB cable connecting the dock to the system and please remove the power cable from the back of the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it → https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the DisplayLink software, found here → https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.
This thread is being marked closed, please feel free to contact our support team at ‘email@example.com’ or start a new thread if there is anything else we can do to help.