HDMI Stopped Working

My HDMI had been finicky from day 1. If it got nudged, my monitor would stop working. It seems to have completely given up. I do not get anything. Have tried everything including using the same cable and bypassing the UD-CAM and it works, so we know the cable and connectors are working correctly.

Is this a driver issue, or just a bad port. Given the finicky nature of it from the first day, I suspect the latter.

Any help very appreciated.

Paul - Austin, Texas

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting!

Firstly, can you confirm that you are using the original USB-C cable that came with the dock?

Next, if you haven’t tried already, the next steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals and the HDMI display connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and the HDMI display, then test for functionality

Please let me know if this helps at all.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that I am using the USB-C cable that came with the dock (I believe it’s the only cable I have with USB-C on both ends <until last week when my new Galaxy phone arrived with the two ends). I followed your instructions and still no luck. My laptop is showing me a message that I may have limited viewing function (something to that effect). I am also using the HDMI cable that came with the box as well.

Thanks for the update.

At this point, I’d like to request some logs from your system to best investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your computer (with the HDMI display still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

Please send the ZIP file the tool creates to us at support@plugable.com and include “Ticket #319212” in the subject line. We’ll be able to best assist from there.

Thank you!

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell - I am working on that now. Warning - I’m not too tech savvy, but I will give it my best shot.

No worries, thanks for your efforts. I’ve received the log files and will be in touch with you regarding the next best steps.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.