HDMI Port not working with desktop

Hi Support, I am using a brand new UD-ULTC4K dock and I am unable to get the HDMI monitor to connect to my desktop computer. The two display port monitors are connected and work well, but I am unable to get my computer to recognize the monitor connected via HDMI. I’m attaching a log below.

Thanks,
June

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.

Looking at the specifications for this computer, it looks like the USB-C port in the front is data only and will not support the Display 1 connection for this docking station.

It is not typical for desktop computers to support extending displays through a USB-C port as they tend to have more room for internal expansion that allows for adding additional graphics processing units, which is a better way to extending multiple displays when possible.

With this type of computer connected to this particular docking station, we would expect everything to function except for the Display 1 connection and the ability to power the computer through the USB-C connection.

If you would like recommendations on other products that would work to extend additional displays using technology such as Silicon Motion or DisplayLink, please let us know.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help.

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.