HDMI not functioning properly with 2015 Macbook

I just got a new Plugable USB-C Docking Station and it works except for the HDMI port. When I connect the HDMI to my monitor, my Macbook detects the monitors but the screen remains blank. Dock works fine otherwise. Any ideas for what the issue is and how to fix it? The IT department at my job has not been able to get it to work despite lots of fiddling. The HDMI cable and my monitor work when I use the Apple multiport dongle. Thanks!

Hi Allison, thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about this issue with our dock and I will be happy to help.

Thanks for the description of the behavior you are seeing. Based off of your description and the fact that your monitor/HDMI cable works with the Apple dongle, we will want to send you a pre-tested replacement dock to make sure that the hardware is working properly.

Whenever you have a moment, please reach out to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 184439’ in the subject line. Please include your Amazon Order ID number, the serial number from the bottom of the dock and your preferred shipping address to send the replacement. We will be able to begin the process from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I’m having this same issue. HDMI output from a supported MacBook to a second/external display works through the Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter. No dice when the same hardware is connected through the UD-CA1. The MacBook “sees” a second display attached in System Preferences > Displays, but no signal is being sent from the UD-CA1 to the display (it remains black/in a no signal state).

David, can you help me open a support ticket, too? Thanks!

Hello Josh,

To be transparent, we do not recommend our UD-CA1 dock with the MacBook Pros with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 ports (the 2016 and 2017 models).

Please reach out to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com and reference this forum thread. We’ll match everything up and go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

To be clear for anyone finding this thread in the future, both the original poster and I specify our problem is with MacBooks, NOT to be confused with the known compatibility issues affecting MacBook Pros.

Thanks, David, I’ll reach out to the support email.