HDMI no longer working

Hi, my monitor connected to the HDMI port is no longer working. I have tested and it still works when connected via alternative means.
Additionally, it is no longer connecting via ethernet to my home network instead using wifi all the time.

Is this a fault with the docking station?

I have managed to work out why the ethernet is not working and have fixed it, but the hdmi doesn’t appear to work. I believe it is due to the hdmi to vga cable I bought with the hub as I have tried that with another monitor and it too is not working.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for posting! I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve the Ethernet issue.

Could you please provide a direct link to the HDMI to VGA cable you are using? We do sell a HDMI to VGA cables ourselves but depending on the total length of your cable and whether it’s active or passive, we could be dealing with a cabling issue as you pointed out.

Next, are you limited to only a VGA connection on your monitor? What about DVI?

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hi and thanks for your response. I bought the cable from Amazon at the same time as the USB Hub. The cable was also from Plugable and is described as " Plugable HDMI To VGA Adapter, 6 Foot (1.8 Meter) Converter Cable Supporting Up To 1920 x 1080 (60Hz)" and is a flat cable. I have managed to find another HDMI cable (which is HDMI-HDMI) and that works OK, so I think it is the cable.
The only link I have is to the part I ordered from Amaxzon, but it is showing as unavailable. The link is here It looks exactly like the one you have provided a link for.

Thanks for letting me know.

It sounds like the cable you received may have been defective. We’d be glad to help with either a replacement or possibly a return. Could you please reach out to us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID?

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.