HDMI connection flickering on Plugable UD-CAM

I’ve just finished connecting my UD-CAM and found that the monitor I’m using to project (extend or duplicate mode) flickers every few seconds, sometimes being 3 or 4 and other times 6 or 7. If I try to use the UD-CAM connection to use the external monitor as my only monitor it flickers are continuous.
As a headsup, my HP Spectre works just fine with other USB-C docks/ port replicators but this one is not working at all.
Any idea on what I may try to fix this?
Thanks!

German

Hi German,

Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about this behavior; this is the first such report of this we’ve seen with the UD-CAM – curious to help investigate.

Can you please collect a set of system logs using our tool at the page below:
https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/

It will save a .ZIP file to your Desktop which can then be emailed over to support@plugable.com (Subj: Ticket 212524). We’ll have a look through the logs and see what the best approach will be.

Best regards,
Gary

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to German to see if we could obtain some additional information about his system, configuration, as well as some log files but we did not receive a response back.

If German would like to continue troubleshooting, or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support