HDMI Audio not Working

I’ve purchased this Plugable hub to run two monitors with my M1 MacBook Air but I cannot seem to get audio working through HDMI.

I’m running macOS 12.0.1 and DisplayLink Manager 1.5.0. The hub is connected via USB-C.

The screens work flawlessly but I just can’t seem to get audio routed through to the display speakers.

When I go into ‘Sounds’ in System Prefs I have three options under Output:

1. Plugable Audio
  2. Realtek USB2.0 Audio
  3. MacBook Air Speakers

The only option that seems to work in MacBook Air Speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for posting! I would be happy to help you troubleshoot your audio issue with your USBC-6950U.

I would like to gather a bit of clarifying information.

1. Can you let me know what make and model monitor you are connecting to?

2. Can you let me know if you are using any kind of cable adapters, or how you are connecting your USBC-6950U to your monitors?

We’re sorry for the trouble with this, and I look forward to your reply.

Sean
Plugable Technologies

Hi Sean, thanks for the response.

The make and model of my monitors.

I am using a HDMI connection from both monitors into the Plugable hub. The Plugable hub is then connected via USB-C into an Anker dock. The Anker dock is then plugged into my Mac via a USB-C cable.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for providing that information.

Our next step will be to have you try a couple of support steps.

1. Can you please try connecting the USBC-6950U directly to your laptop, and let us know if your audio works then?

2. Can you let us know if you have headphones connected to the Anker dock while you are trying to output audio to your monitors? If you do, can you please try with those headphones disconnected from your Anker dock?

If the above does not work, I would next ask for you to contact us directly at support@plugable.comwith ticket #363057 in the subject line, so that we can gather some further details from you.

We greatly appreciate your willingness to troubleshoot with us, and I will watch for your reply.

Sean

Hi

I plugged the hub straight into my MacBook Air but I’m still not getting any sounds. I am also not using any headphones plugged into the Anker dock.

I have sent an email with the ticket number that you provided.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us directly. I have responded to your direct support ticket.

Sean

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.