HDMI Alt Mode Plug 1 Does Not Work

I just recieved this docking station, and am having troubles getting it to recognize the monitor plugged into the alt mode plug. My two monitors on the side are AOC 1080p monitors, while the central one that won’t work is a BenQ 1440p monitor.

My current computer’s motherboard might not have a thunderbolt USB C port on the back, which I think could be causing the issue. However, even plugging the monitor directly to my graphics cards doesn’t work either, which does not make sense.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Based on your description I recommend we start by getting the computer’s manufacturer name and model and I will look up the manufacturer’s specifications to see if this computer supports USB Type-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode video output to enable the docking station’s HDMI 1 Alt-Mode output port.

For Windows:

1. Open the Start Menu and search for “msinfo32” and launch the first search result
  2. Please let me know the values from the following entries ( on the right column ):
    2a) “System Model”
    2b) “System SKU”
  3. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of this window to your reply email if you prefer by using the Windows Snipping Tool ( from the Start Menu search for “Snipping” ) and I can get the details from there

For macOS:

1. Open the Apple Menu > About this mac…
  2. Please let know the system model details and macOS version from this page
  3. Please feel free to attach a screenshot of this window to your reply email if you prefer by using the macOS screenshot hotkey combination [Command ⌘]+[Shift ⇧]+[4] then dragging a selection box around the window, the screenshot will be saved to the desktop and can then be attached to your reply email.

Please feel free to reply directly back in this Discourse thread, or to contact our support team directly at ‘support@plugable.com’ using the subject line “Ticket #426118 Attn: Pat” and we can proceed via direct email.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com