Guys I have a couple of issues.
I bought this adaptor in March and recently it started randomly disconnecting and shifting all my windows to the other available monitor. I know this is a known issue… I re-installed the drivers, and it WAS working fine until recently (Windows 10).
I followed these steps with no avail:
The first steps we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the display adaptor is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the display adaptor from the system (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ’ DisplayLink ’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features . Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step.
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe )
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to).
- Now download and install the 9.4 M0 DisplayLink software. (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.4+M0.exe )
- Reattach the display adaptor to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation.
My second issue: #2
Im going to install Linux on this machine as a primary OS and I don’t know if these 4k HDMI adaptors are supported.
Is there any guide I could follow to make this work with linux? Any special drivers?