HDD Wont auto play

I have a Plugable USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Lay-Flat Docking Station, model# USB3-SATA-UASP1 with a Western Digital 1TB (WD10EADS) 3.5" SATA drive which I am connecting to an Hp pavilian dv5. The HDD wont autoplay, the HDD is spinning and looks like its wokring propertly. The docking station does show up but the volume does not appear in Disk Manager. I have tried using USB 2 and USB 3 cables.

Hi Mario,

We sent the following via email, and I’m pasting it here as well:

I think we’ll want to have a look at how Windows/Disk Management is seeing the drive. Can you please take a screenshot of how the drive looks in Disk Management and send it over? If you’re unfamiliar with taking screenshots, the following link has a great quick guide:
http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Also, I’m assuming based on what you’ve reported that the drive contains existing data, correct? How was the drive used previously? (As an internal drive in a Mac or PC, in a NAS, in a different model of enclosure, etc - the more specifics we have regarding this, the better idea we’ll get as far as the cause of the behavior.)

Please send that screenshot to support@plugable.com as well as the other details, and we’ll have a look.

Thanks!
Gary