HDCP stripper between my laptop and docking station?

Hi plugable team; received your docking station today and it works like a charm with one little twist: it doesn’t support HDCP so I can’t stream the news on my big screen, that’s a showstopper. Can you advise me what kind HDCP stripper would solve this? I researched that many simple HDMI splitters serve this purpose, but in my case it needs to sit between my laptop and your docking station. Please assist. Thanks!

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting!

The Plugable UD-3900 docking station does not support HDCP, and this behavior cannot be changed (we do our best to call this out in our product listings).

We offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon. If your purchase meets those conditions and if the use of HDCP content is a requirement, then I am afraid I would have to recommend you return the docking station for a refund.

Apologies that we cannot be of more help in this specific case…

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Hi Bob thanks for your reply.
I found the solution: plugging the screen that I need to stream on directly into the laptop video outlet, and the 2nd screen into your docking station. Now I can stream, and connect 2 external screens to my windows laptop.
Works great. Thanks!

You are of course most welcome for the help Martin.

I am glad to hear that you have found an acceptable workaround, and I thank you for sharing your solution as it may help others moving forward.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good weekend!

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.