will your USB 2.0 Docking Station work with Windows 10? I purchased the station, hooked it up after loading the driver disc. The add on monitor and the laptop screen worked but the desktop was on the add on and the cursor was on the laptop screen. I rebooted and an alarm went off so I shut the laptop down and unplugged the station from the laptop. Rebooted and windows starts to load and screen goes black. Rebooted with the add on monitor attached and both screens are black.
Sorry to hear about this issue.
Likely the drivers you loaded off of the disk are too old to work with Windows 10. Especially considering our USB 2.0 docking station is a fairly old model. For future reference we always recommend downloading the latest drivers from our website to ensure compatibility.
When you say you rebooted and an alarm went off, I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Can you give me some more details?
What I would recommend is to disconnect all extra components from the laptop and try rebooting it again and see if you can get back into the system. If you can, I suggest a clean installation of the newest drivers:
- Unplug your dock from USB and set it aside.
- Check in your installed Programs and Features Control Panel to see if any DisplayLink programs (DisplayLink Core Software and DisplayLink Graphics) are still present. Uninstall them. If it fails it’s OK, just move to the next step.
- Next download the latest version of the cleaner tool: https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Run the tool and when it is done, reboot.
- Install the latest graphics driver: https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- During the install you should be prompted to reconnect the dock.
If that fails we have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:
Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.
Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!