Has anyone tested or can Plugable verify the newer Seagate 6Tb drives are supported?

These Seagate drives have been out for awhile now and I need to upgrade my NAS server. My current procedure for NAS backup uses the Plugable USB3-SATA-U3 and I do not want to make the investment into the large capacity drives if it breaks my current backup process.

Seagate STBD6000100 6TB 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Thank you.

Hi Brent,

We have not done in-house testing with the newer 6TB drives, but we have had some feedback from customers who have had success with this combination.

Also, please be aware that there are two revisions of the U3 dock - the first revision doesn’t support drives over 2TB, but the second revision should do so without issue. (If the U3 was purchased in the past year, it should be the newer revision, but if there’s any concern about this please email your Amazon Order ID number to support@plugable.com and we’ll be glad to investigate further.)

Thanks!
Gary

Hi Gary - thank you for the update, I have had my U3 dock for over a year and initially had problems with my 3Tb drives. I reported it and you folks promptly (and I mean PROMPTLY) gave me a firmware upgrade with instructions. I had no idea these guys could even be flashed! Your fast service was outstanding, btw.

I applied the updated firmware and life has been great since. So would this imply I should be good with the 6Tb as well?

Hi again. Sorry for the delay - our forum system doesn’t seem to be notifying us of thread updates at the moment. (For the quickest response, always feel free to email support@plugable.com as you did in the past and we’ll be glad to help!)

Since you’ve already applied the firmware update, I expect you’ll be good with a 6TB drive, though if you run into any issues by all means let us know!