I have USB 3.0 to HDMI 4K graphics adapter running LG monitor, Windows 7. Graphics fine, but no 3-UGA-4KHDMI audio drivers setup. How can I get the sound working. DisplayLink install says all good. Thanks! Joe
Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.
I would like to start by verifying the audio device is detected inside of Windows, please perform the following:
- Right-click on the audio icon in the Windows System Tray ( lower right corner of the screen )
- Select “Playback Devices” from the pop-up menu
- Look for the option: “Speakers - DisplayLink USB Audio Adapter”
- Right-click on the option from step 3 and select “Test” - this should play a test tone
- Right-click on the option from step 3 and select “Set as default device”
If the tone does not play in step 4, please let me know the model number of the monitor so I can verify it has built-in speakers ( not all monitors with HDMI inputs have built-in speakers ).
Thanks for responding. My problem is the DisplayLink USB Audio driver did not install when I installed DisplayLink video. Video is fine. No driver for audio.
Yes, my LG 43UD79-B monitor has speakers.
What’s the trick
Thank you for getting back to me!
Our next step is to reset the adapter and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the required DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:
- Disconnect the adapter from the system so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.4 M2 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the USB graphics adapter to the computer. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.
When completed the device manager should look like this:
To access the device manager, start by opening the Start Menu, right-click on computer > Manage, then selecting Device Manager on the left.
Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.