I have the USBC-6950PDZ to connect my Dell Latitude 5330 to 2 External 2K Monitors.
GPU Utilisation is very high and makes the laptop unusable. This happens at intervals but particularly when using Microsoft Teams.
According to Device Manager, the driver version I am using is: 10.3.6400.0
Please suggest any help me to resolve this issue.
Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that.
The DisplayLink driver that you mentioned is an older version, so you could try updating to the latest version.
The first steps we’ll want to take is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://www.synaptics.com/products/displaylink-graphics/downloads/windows-installation-cleaner)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 11.0 M0 DisplayLink software (DisplayLink Software 11.0 M0)
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If these steps help, great! If not, please let us know, and we can go from there.
Thank you for giving us a chance to help!